Want to get networked and meet some other great business-minded folks? Here are some great groups to join for meeting new people locally. Fancy yourself you an entrepreneur? You may also want to check out our Entrepreneur Networking site.
- InterNations: InterNations is the biggest and best-known network for expatriates around the world. They were the first to create an international online community for people who live and work abroad. They enable members to interact with other global minds in a similar situation, with comparable interests and needs. InterNations users can keep in touch with friends and business contacts; they can exchange reliable information on expat-specific topics, both on a global and a local level.
- Toastmasters International: Toastmasters International is a non-profit educational organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills through a worldwide network of meeting locations. A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere.
- British Swiss Chamber of Commerce: An independent business network with over 700 members. It’s aim is to promote British-Swiss business and to provide a range of professional business services.
- Canadian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce: Their mission is to facilitate contact and communication between corporations and individuals from Canada and Switzerland and to promote, develop and expand any type of commercial activity between the two nations.
- Swiss Marketing Club (SMC): Network of Entrepreneurs and Experts in Marketing & Sales. It is a marketing platform for professional marketers in Switzerland to promote marketing and its professionals, in order to contribute to the development of competition, the economy and the society Swiss Marketing is an association of business and friendship.
- Business and Professional Women (BPW): Association for business and professional women with branches throughout Switzerland. BPW Switzerland has 2500 women from different occupations, management levels and industries, organised in over 40 clubs in all regions of Switzerland.
- Professional Women’s Group of Zurich (intended for women): We help women create an inspiring, international career network. We value the diversity of experience that comes from a wide range of professions and career paths as they evolve over time. We strive for excellence, openness and warmth in all of our activities.
- The Powerhouse (intended for women): The Powerhouse is an internationally-focused network for professional women – whether currently in the work force or not. We aim to help women build and maintain dialogues and professional skills … and the confidence to take life by storm!
- European Professional Women’s Network (intended for women): PWN is a vibrant growing pan-European federation of more than 19 women’s network. Our common objective is to provide women with the tools, networks and support they need to assume leadership. We combine a sophisticated online networking platform, linking several thousand business women across Europe, with regular, offline events in many cities across Europe.
- Executives International (Lausanne): has attracted the most dynamic business leaders since its inception in 1968, by providing a unique networking platform with meetings on a range of different topics. The diverse, international group of individuals, with the common goal of sharing information, contactsand furthering business within Switzerland and throughout the world, in the relaxed yet professional atmosphere that a business networking club here in Lausanne provides.
- International Financial Management Association (IMFA) (Geneva): IFMA organizes lunch events with a speaker, evening technical events, CPE (Continuing Professional Education) courses, and social events. Event themes include not only financial and accounting issues, but also themes of more general management and business relevance.
- Xing: XING is a popular social network for business professionals particularly in the German-speaking part of Switzerland. More than 12 million members worldwide (June 2012) use XING to boost their business, job, and career. XING is a platform where professionals from all kinds of different industries can meet up, find jobs, colleagues, new assignments, cooperation partners, experts and generate business ideas.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 175 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
- LinkedIn Groups: Check out LinkedIn Groups such as
- Facebook Groups / Pages: Check out Facebook Groups and Pages such as Jobs in Switzerland, English Speaking Jobs in Zurich for Worldwiders, and Jobs @ Switzerland.