Want to get to know other great local people? Here are some great groups to join for meeting and networking with new people but isn’t focused on business networking.
- InterNations: InterNations is the first international online community for people who live and work abroad. They enable members to interact with other global minds in a similar situation, with comparable interests and needs. InterNation users can keep in touch with friends and business contacts; they can exchange reliable information on expat-specific topics, both on a global and a local level.
- Glocals: glocals.com is a community of friendly expats & international minded locals, and we’re about doing Real Activities with Real People. They have active groups in Geneva, Zurich, Lausanne, Basel, & Bern.
- MeetUp: Search for local meetsups in your area for a variety of topics, from book clubs to biking clubs to cooking clubs. Meetup is the world’s largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. Meetup’s mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize.
- Zurich International Women’s Association: Bring together women of all ages and nationalities to help celebrate different cultures, expand our viewpoints and build friendships. With over 700 members representing almost 70 different nationalities, ZIWA is dynamic, very international and most importantly fun!
- American Club of Zurich: For US and Canadian citizens living in the Zurich area seeking friendly contact with the Zurich Community. Club provides you a smooth integration into the community. In addition, the club organizes wonderful events that enable you to fully benefit from your experiences in your host country, our beautiful Switzerland.
- American Women’s Club of Zurich: Founded in 1931, the Club is a not-for-profit volunteer-run organization dedicated to providing opportunities for friendship and personal development. We actively engage in philanthropic and community service projects in the greater Zurich region, throughout Switzerland and in the larger global community.
- American International Club of Geneva: A club with 1200 members of diverse backgrounds, proposing a wide range of social and business activities.
- American International Women’s Club of Geneva: Open to English speaking women of all nationalities for social activities, conferences and help.