Nowadays, you hear all about how companies let employees telecommute and work remotely. And yet, every time you try to find a job like that it’s nothing but a scam! Well, here are a few companies with genuine freelance and work-from-home opportunities to get you started.
Job Listing Sites
- Upwork: Millions of businesses use Upwork for top-quality talent: to find, hire, and pay the world’s best freelancers, making it easier than ever to build successful companies and thriving careers. Innovative global enterprises, small businesses, and startups alike can connect with the world’s most talented developers, designers, writers, marketers, support reps, admins, and more.
- Fiverr: The world’s largest marketplace for creative and professional services. Over 3 million services offered in 100+ categories… all starting at just $5USD.
- Guru.com: Employers can search for services offered by you, the freelancers. Global network of over 900,000 gurus are eager to help with any technical, creative or business projects you have on the table. Explore each freelancer’s profile and browse their previous work so they can hire you with confidence.
- Flex Jobs: ($$) FlexJobs is an innovative, professional job service to help you find the best flexible jobs available, safely and easily. Every job is hand-screened and legitimate. Guaranteed.
- Home With The Kids: A site listing work-from-home positions focused mainly on secretarial, bookkeeping, and virtual assistant work.
- All Stay At Home: There are no fees here or anything to sign up for this site. The work at home categories are clearly visible at the top of the home page.
- 30 Ways For Teens To Make Money (Adults Too!): Blog post by successful entrepreneur Bob Lotich for some innovative and easy ways to extra funds. Written for those in the United States, many of these items could be completed in Switzerland.
Specific Job Skills Sites
- Hourly Nerd: (MBAs) MBA students from select top-tier schools across the globe freelance on projects for businesses of all sizes.
- Tutor.com: (Tutoring) College students, teachers and professionals all love this great part-time tutoring job in areas such as Accounting, Economics, Finance, College Statistics, Physics and more.
- 99Designs: (Creative Design) New and experienced designers can compete for jobs to create create advertisements, logos, online banners, t-shirt designs and more.
- scoreAscore: (Music Composition) Experienced musicians select from a list of projects needing original music and compete to have their work chosen.