Ways To Make Learning A Language Fun: Go on a language vacation! You can travel to fun new cities to be immersed in the language and culture. Here is a listing of great language vacation options.
- Education First (EF): Munich
- Center for Cultural Interchange (CCI): (Munich)
- ESL Language Schools: (Freiburg, Berlin)
- BWS Germanlingua: (Berlin, Munich)
- Actilingua: (Vienna)
- Language Vacation: (Various Cities in Germany, Vienna)
- National Registration Center for Study Abroad: (Various Cities in Germany and Austria)
FREE Resources. Not everything in life has to be expensive. Check out these free resources for learning Italian
- Deutsche Welle: Choose the learning style that suits you best: e-learning at the computer, with short videos, audio courses or podcasts, or with texts and worksheets you can print out. Select from courses for beginners, intermediate learners, and advanced learners. German language teachers are welcome to use our multimedia material in their lessons. The Course Finder helps you choose the best format for each level.
- British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC): Learn German with free online lessons.
- Duolingo: you learn a language for free while helping to translate the web.
Learn Locally: There are many schools and private tutors available to help you learn German – finding the one that’s best for you depends on your requirements. Do you want somethng fast? Inexpensive? Private? Daily? Check out this listing of the largest language schools (in alphabetical order) as a starting point to finding the right learning plan for you.
- Alpha Sprachstudio, Stadelhoferstrasse 10,Zurich
- Bellingua, Löwenstrasse 14, Zurich. Bellingua is the premiere language school in Zurich specialised in teaching German as a foreign language. Bellingua offers German courses in small classes (4-9 students) with excellent teachers.
- Bénédict Schule; Militärstrasse 106, Zurich
- Berlitz Sprachschule Zürich, Theaterstrasse 12, Zurich. With 130 years of experience, more than 470 centers in over 70 countries, and millions of satisfied graduates, Berlitz is the only source you need for effective language instruction and cross cultural training, whether for business or personal enrichment.
- EB Zurich, Riesbachstrasse 11, Zurich
- Eurocentres – Sprachaufenthalte, Seestrasse 247, Zurich
- Hull’s School, Seehofstrasse 3, Zurich
- inlingua Language School Zurich, Badenerstrasse 15, Zurich
Cambridge First Certificate, Advanced and Proficiency; BEC Preliminary, Vantage and Higher; TOEFL; DELF and DALF; Goethe Certificates from B1 to C2; DELE or CELI – a diploma says more than one thousand words – or at least says it faster. The development of your language skills is measured against the latest EU-coordinated ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe) criteria. You will also be spurred on by a group of like-minded people with the same goal.
- LSI Language School Zurich, Kreuzstrasse 36
- Migros Klubschule, Multiple Locations in Zurich
- Flying Teachers, Universitätsstrasse 86, Zürich . The name Flying Teachers stands for flexibility, dynamism and quality of language teaching. Flexibility: Flying Teachers are customer-oriented. They apply what they learn today, tomorrow.
- Sprachwelten, Bodmerstrasse 4, Zürich. Sprachwelten likes to share their passion for languages and people with high professional linguistics. Their training premises are situated in the heart of Zurich. Sprachwelten holds the learning atmosphere as an important factor for successful learning. Whether in a small group or private tuition, profit from the peaceful and the intimate surroundings.
Here are some articles about which schools are the best for reference. Note: We here at Getting Busy don’t endorse any schools.
- Newly Swissed: Top 3 German Language Schools in Zurich
Other Cities Coming Soon!