As an expat, you know it can be difficult to adjust and the support you received from Expat Organizations was priceless! Why not get involved and give back to your expat community by volunteering to write for a newsletter, find a speaker for an event, or represent your team at the Expat Expo. Plus in the meantime, you’ll make some great lasting friendships.
- InterNations: InterNations is the biggest and best-known network for expatriates around the world. They have many local Ambassador opportunities to organize events, greet new members, and so on. They were the first to create an international online community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations enables members to interact with other global minds in a similar situation, with comparable interests and needs. InterNations users can keep in touch with friends and business contacts; they can exchange reliable information on expat-specific topics, both on a global and a local level.
- American Club of Zurich: For US and Canadian citizens living in the Zurich area seeking friendly contact with the Zurich Community. Club provides you a smooth integration into the community. In addition, the club organizes wonderful events that enable you to fully benefit from your experiences in your host country, our beautiful Switzerland.
- American Women’s Club of Zurich: Founded in 1931, the Club is a not-for-profit volunteer-run organization dedicated to providing opportunities for friendship and personal development. We actively engage in philanthropic and community service projects in the greater Zurich region, throughout Switzerland and in the larger global community.
- American Women’s Club of Bern:
- International Mums and Kids Club (Baar/Zug) : The IMKC is a club for English speaking families with young children. Most activities are designed for mums and kids to meet other mums and kids in a social environment.
- Centrepoint International Club of Basel: Centrepoint provides a welcoming English speaking environment where people can meet, borrow books, attend language classes and take advantage of a wide choice of services.
- Fribourg Expat Women’s Group: Our mission is to encourage and support women’s expat lives, while living in Fribourg. Our primary goal is to ensure that everybody has the possibility of making new friends in the area.
- American International Club of Geneva: A club with 1200 members of diverse backgrounds, proposing a wide range of social and business activities.
- American International Women’s Club of Geneva: Open to English speaking women of all nationalities for social activities, conferences and help.
- American Women of Ticino: AWOT was founded in 1990 to meet the needs of American women in Ticino. The group meets regularly to share information on topics of mutual interest and to provide support for one another. We also plan special events to commemorate American holidays.